There could be several reasons for this:
- If you’re noticing different readings displayed between your app and on your Laser Egg, this may often be attributed to a weak Wi-Fi signal. Double-check that both your phone and Laser Egg have a strong Wi-Fi connection.
- Check that your Laser Egg and Kaiterra app display the same AQI standards. You can learn how to update your Laser Egg's AQI standard in the Kaiterra app settings here.
- Check that you're viewing the correct display on your Laser Egg. The PM2.5 concentration is different from the AQI.
- For Laser Egg users, your Kaiterra app will display the AQI on its home screen.
- For Laser Egg+ Chemical, your Kaiterra app will display the Overall Index on its home screen.
- For Laser Egg+ CO2, your Kaiterra app will display the Overall Index on its home screen.
If you're still having trouble, please get in touch with our Support Team. We'll help you find a solution!