- The Kaiterra iOS and Android applications (the "App"):
- "Kaiterra Enterprise" (iOS)
- "Kaiterra Enterprise Configuration" (Android)
- "Live Air: Global Air Quality" (iOS)
- "Live Air by Kaiterra: Global Air Quality" (Android)
- The Kaiterra websites (the "Site")
FOR KAITERRA APPLICATIONS ("App")
COLLECTION AND USE
Kaiterra only collects the following information from our Apps:
- Device Operating System (OS)
- App version
- App usage
All of this information is anonymous and cannot be linked to a user.
FOR KAITERRA WEBSITES ("Site")
COLLECTION AND USE
Kaiterra collects information about you through our Sites in several ways. This information is used to provide users with Kaiterra products and services, to allow us to understand how visitors navigate our Site, and to provide advertising that is relevant to your interests.
Purchase and Login Information: If you pre-order or purchase Kaiterra products from our Site, we request that you provide your name, email address, billing and shipping address, credit card information and any other information necessary to complete the transaction. We do not collect or store your full credit card information. Our credit card processing service providers, Shopify and PayPal, will collect and store full payment card information from you, even as a guest user when an order is placed until when it ships.
Mailing List Information: You may choose to submit your email address via a submission form located on our Site. Your email address may be used to send you news about Kaiterra-related services, surveys, products or promotions. We may use one or more service providers, including to administer these messages, but we do not share your email address with spammers or any other third parties without your consent.
ONLINE TRACKING AND YOUR CHOICES
Website Use Information: Like many websites, we and our third-party partners analyze log file information and other data collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technology, to collect information about your browsing behavior when you visit our Site, including for example, your browser type, domains, page views, IP address, referring/exit pages, information about how you interact with our Site’s webpages and with third-party links, traffic and usage trends on the service, etc. We use session cookies to keep you logged in while you use features of our Site; these disappear after you close your browser. We also use persistent cookies, which stay in your browser and allow us to recognize you when you return to the Site. We use this to remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it, to better understand how you use our website and products and services, to diagnose and fix technology problems, and otherwise enhance our Site, products, and services. In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Site. We track this click-through data to help us measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. We also use third-party analytics tools (including Google Analytics and HubSpot) to assist us with analyzing and improving our service. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may be able to change the settings of your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you set your browser to reject cookies, parts of our Site may not work for you. Please note, depending on your type of device or browser, it may not be possible to delete or disable all tracking mechanisms on your device.
- Your selection of the “Do Not Track” option provided by your browser may not have any effect on our collection of cookie information for analytic and internal purposes. The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device to delete and disable cookies and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit allaboutcookies.org).
THIRD-PARTY SITES AND FEATURES
Minors: Our Site does not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 13.
Under no circumstance do we share personal information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the delivery of Kaiterra Products and services without asking you first. Period. We do not rent or sell our customer lists.
The following are the limited situations where we may share personal information:
- For external processing: We have vendors, service providers, and technicians who help with some of our processing and storage, including helping to answer your questions. They may also assist with monitoring our servers for technical problems. These technicians (as well as Kaiterra employees) can access certain information about you or your account in line with this work but these technicians are not allowed to use this data for non-Kaiterra purposes. We also have strict policies and technical barriers in place to prevent unauthorized employee access to video data.
- As part of business transitions: Upon the sale or transfer of the company and/or all or part of its assets, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred. We will request a purchaser to treat our data under the privacy statement in place at the time of its collection.
- For legal reasons: We may provide information to a third party if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so for legal reasons. In some instances, we may be required to disclose data to comply with a law, regulation, or valid legal process. In other instances, we may determine that disclosing your personally identifying information is necessary to prevent fraud, maintain the security of the Services, protect our legal rights, enforce the Terms of Service, or prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to an individual.
We may share non-personal information (for example, aggregated or anonymized customer data) publicly and with our partners. For example, we may publish trends about energy use or elevated carbon monoxide levels in the home. This information may also be shared with other users to help them better understand their energy usage compared to others in the Kaiterra community, raise awareness about safety issues, or help us generally improve our system. We may also share non-personal information with our partners, for example, if they are interested in providing demand-response services or other incentive programs. We take steps to keep this non-personal information from being associated with you and we require our partners to do the same.
Your personal information may be collected, processed and stored by Kaiterra or its service providers in the United States and other countries outside the European Union where our servers reside. As a result, your personal information may be subject to legal requirements, including lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities, in those jurisdictions.
Kaiterra takes security seriously and cares about the integrity of your personal information. We use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological methods to transmit and store your data securely. However, Kaiterra cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Kaiterra generally stores your personal information on Kaiterra’s servers until you delete or edit it, or for as long as you remain a Kaiterra customer in order to provide you with Kaiterra Products. In addition, Kaiterra may store your personal information to resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements and comply with applicable laws.
INTERNATIONAL VISITORS AND DATA TRANSFERS
International Visitors: The Kaiterra website is hosted in Canada and Japan. If you are accessing the site from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Canadian or Japanese law, then please note that you are transferring your personal data to Canada and Japan by providing your personal data you agree to that transfer.
International data transfers: When we transfer personal data from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to other countries, we use a variety of legal mechanisms to help ensure your data is appropriately protected.
Individual Rights in the European Economic Area: If you are located in the European Economic Area, you may seek confirmation regarding whether Kaiterra is processing personal information about you, request access to your personal information, and ask that we correct, amend or delete your personal information. In addition, you may object to Kaiterra’s processing of your personal information at any time. However, doing so may impact your use of the Kaiterra Products and Services.
Applicable law may provide you with the right to request access to, (receive) port, object to or restrict processing, seek rectification or request erasure of personal information held about you by Kaiterra. To protect your privacy, Kaiterra will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your personal information.
Flat/Rm 603 6/F Laws Commercial Plaza 788 Cheung Sha Wan Road Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon Hong Kong SAR
If you have any questions or requests about your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com or Kaiterra Support.